10 Key Reasons Why Packaging Design Is So Important
From tapping into consumer subconscious to value added functionality, packaging design can be a powerful marketing tool.
You may not realise but we as consumers take around 5-7 seconds to make a purchase decision in-store. And on the average supermarket trip, you can be exposed to over 40,000 different products all vying for your attention. That’s a lot of messaging.
To help their products stand out on the shelf, brands use attention-grabbing colour, an array of convenience features and play to motivational triggers. There can be multiple teams of designers, buyers, technologists and quality managers all working for months to deliver one product launch in store. Why? Because they understand packaging be can the difference between a sale or no sale.
We take a look at just some of the statistics proving that packaging design is crucial to the success of your product.
1. Almost a third of product decision-making is based on packaging alone.
2. More than 70% of purchasing decisions are made in-store.
3. It’s not just important to capture the consumer’s attention but to provide functional and protective packaging that serves its purpose. Research has shown that 45% of consumers are taking to social media to share their negative views. If your packaging doesn’t deliver don’t be surprised by an online backlash that could serve lasting damage to your brand image.
4. Not only does quality packaging impact consumer opinion but efficient packaging can deliver tangible cost savings. Product damage in transit remains below 5% in the developed world but in the developing world, damage can be as high as 30%.
5. According to research packaging drives purchase more than other forms of marketing such as TV, Radio and online reviews.
6. 66% of consumers said they have tried a new product because of the packaging.
7. 52% of online shoppers say they would shop again from a business if it included premium packaging
8. Businesses have reported a 30% increase in consumer interest when those businesses show a strong attention to a packaging.
9. 90% of product packaging is reused – which means that your brand reach extends far beyond the initial purchase
10. 74% of 18-25-year olds would share an image of product packaging through social media. This can influence peers and increase brand exposure in the millennial market.
Looking for effective packaging design? Then contact our team today. You’ll be happy you did.
Contact Form | email@example.com | 01625 460 280
- The Importance of Packaging Design 12th April 2023
- Why start-ups should invest in branding and packaging design 21st March 2023
- The Rise of Vegan Pet Food 29th April 2022
- Did you see us on Channel 4’s Supershoppers? 1st September 2019
- April 2023
- March 2023
- April 2022
- September 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- June 2015